Professional Development for Teachers
A key aim of the Further Mathematics Support Programme is to contribute to the continuing professional development of mathematics teachers.
The FMSP now offers a range of sustained professional development courses designed to prepare both new and more experienced teachers for the 2017 A levels in Mathematics and Further Mathematics
Eligible teachers undertaking sustained courses can now get their course fees reimbursed on completion
if you are in any of these courses and would like to receive an alert when they open for applications please fill in this expression of interest form
- Teaching Advanced Mathematics (TAM) which is aimed at those new to teaching A level
- Teaching Further Mathematics (TFM) for those wishing to develop their subject knowledge and skill in teaching further pure maths
- Teaching Mechanics (TM1 and TM2); TM1 covers the comulsory mechanics in the Mathematics A level and TM2 covers the mechanics in the Further Mathematics qualifications
- Teaching Statistics (TS1 and TS2); TS1 covers the comulsory statistics in the Mathematics A level and TS2 covers the stistics in the Further Mathematics qualifications
In addition to the sustained courses above we offer a full programme of innovative Live Online Professional Development (LOPD).
The FMSP also offers a range of other training and support for teachers:
- There will be a variety of courses for GCSE, A level Maths and Further Maths in your area run by your local Area Cooridnator.
- In some areas the FMSP collaborates with CPD provision offered by Maths Hubs and local Universities.
- Look for your local teacher network where you can meet other teachers and discuss current issues with FMSP staff
For details of CPD events being held in your area, please see the list of local CPD events on the right hand side of this page or go to your regional pages.
MEI Professional Development Courses
Mathematics in Education and Industry (MEI) run a range of Professional development courses for teachers. For information about these courses see the MEI Professional Development pages
The FMSP holds the NCETM CPD standard
For the latest information about The National Centre for Excellence in the Teaching of Mathematics (NCETM) visit http://www.ncetm.org.uk/.
the NCETM website now has a professional development self evaluation tool that can help teachers assess their current position and identify suitable areas for continuing professional development. For more information go to the teacher self-evaluation tool