How we work
The FMSP has 30 Area Coordinators, covering the whole of England,
who work with schools and colleges to support and promote the
study of AS/A level Mathematics and Further Mathematics
and to arrange Further Mathematics tuition for students when their schools and colleges cannot provide it themselves.
The FMSP provides training and support to teachers of AS/A
level Mathematics and Further Mathematics.
This brochure provides more information about how the FMSP works and the support it offers.
(Note. This brochure is 9MB in size and so may take a little time to download.)
All secondary schools and colleges should register with the FMSP. Registration is free and all registered schools and colleges receive:
Free access to expert advice on:
- issues associated with teaching and learning AS/A level Mathematics and Further Mathematics
- progression to university courses in requiring mathematics, such as the Sciences, Engineering, Mathematics, Computing, Economics and Medicine;
- and supporting KS3 and KS4 students. (11-16 schools are encouraged to register with the FMSP).
Free access to extensive online resources, including:
- online teaching resources, which are available for AS/A level Mathematics and Further Mathematics units. (There are separate resources tailored to match the AQA, Edexcel, OCR and OCR(MEI) specifications);
- resources for developing students' mathematical problem solving skills at GCSE;
- and resources for supporting sixth-form students preparing for STEP and AEA examinations.