Getting Involved: Schools and Colleges
The FMSP values the opportunity to work with schools and colleges to provide support to teachers and students with KS4 and post-16 mathematics. Examples of this include working together to set up consortia for Further Mathematics, arranging for teachers to tutor Further Mathematics and working with schools/colleges to set up mathematics promotion events.
If your school or college is interested in working with the FMSP in this way then please contact your local FMSP Area Coordinator. If your school or college is not already registered with the FMSP then you are encouraged to register to receive access to free and extensive teaching resource and all the latest local and national updates on FMSP activity.
Registration is free and all registered schools and colleges receive:
Free access to expert advice on:
- issues associated with teaching and learning AS/A level Mathematics and Further Mathematics
- progression to university courses in requiring mathematics, such as the Sciences, Engineering, Mathematics, Computing, Economics and Medicine;
- and supporting KS3 and KS4 students. (11-16 schools are encouraged to register with the FMSP).
Free access to extensive online resources, including:
- online teaching resources, which are available for AS/A level Mathematics and Further Mathematics units. (There are separate resources tailored to match the AQA, Edexcel, OCR and OCR(MEI) specifications);
- resources for developing students' mathematical problem solving skills at GCSE;
- and resources for supporting sixth-form students preparing for STEP and AEA examinations.